The terrine is made by Secla Portugal.
This handpainted ceramic dish is marked on the base:
Secla Portugal was an artistic pottery workshop established in Caldas da Rainha in 1947. The factory benefited from the post-war economic growth in Europe. Most of production was exported to USA and UK.
In 1950s the company opened a pottery studio, where designers experimented with new forms and technologies. Secla employeed such artists as Julio Pomar, José Aurélio Hansi Stael, António Quadros, Ian Hird and Ferreira da Silva.
In 1990 for Secla worked 700 people. During next years the company struggled hard with challenges of globalization and Asian competition. Because of falling demand, production was finally stopped June 30, 2008.